Sunday 19 June 2011

Funny Father's Day Poems From Daughter to Dad


It's that time of year again when you ask your dad to grill out hamburgers in hot dogs in honor of your visit home for Father's Day. Poor guy never gets a break, does he? I'm home for the weekend to toast to good old D-A-D, or as he's known in this circle, Pops, and so far I've asked him to cook dinner, open a stuck window, kill a bug, join me in town tomorrow for a Civil War reenactment, and, sure, I'll be honest, I asked him for 20 bucks. Sue me.
But Pops knows I love him. I don't take 5 hour bus rides for just anyone. And I think he likes helping me? I hope? Anyway, I realize that my presence and my requests for aide do not necessarily a gift make, so I thought of some poems he might like as well. Feel free to re-use for your dads!
And just to save some face here and not seem like a total jerk, I did get him a small present, but I can't really say what it is lest he not be surprised by the tie and wolf urine that I hid in the garage.
Without further ado, here are some Father's Day poems to give your old man this Sunday:

For my dad who never embarrassed me too much:
Dear Dad,
You're rad.
Thanks for raising me in a sweet pad,
and for not making too much fun of me during my Backstreet Boys fad,
and for being the Good Cop when I was bad,
and for buying me a Blizzard when I was sad,
and for not wearing pants of plaid.
That made me really glad.

For my dad who puts up with my ridiculousness:
Dad, I know I owe you a lot,
Appreciation is never what you sought.
You drove me to soccer, you drove me to school.
You paid for my stitches when I fell off that bar stool.
You pick up my pieces,
Co-sign my subleases,
I'm sure without you, I'd be with the polices.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment